Swami Sachidanand has undertaken a mission to spread the message of peace and understanding between all religions. This Tyagarchana troupe is travelling throughout the country and trying to reform people’s thinking.
In this context, he and his team members organised a talk and play for school children on Our Lady of Fatima.
The programme was coordinated by Father Anand, who introduced Swami Sachidananad and his mission. Swamiji gave an inspirational talk to the children and the staff members. He made them all pledge that everyone will become a beacon of hope and harmony, peace and prosperity from now onwards. Swamiji shared his GuruMantra of living life in the best possible manner. It was very enlightening and enriching.
After this, the troupe performed on stage a play called “Amaanat” with an attempt to ignite our minds and initiate self-assessment. The play was based on the message of harmony and unity along with respect for all religions. Even though as Indians, we belong to different backgrounds but it is our foremost duty to respect one another. Children displayed keen interest and curiosity by listening to his words and appreciating the play.
The five principles for a happy and peaceful life given by Swami Sachidanand were as follows:
- Prayer – if we will pray daily to God, solving our own problems will become easy. For accomplishing a task both hard work and prayer are equally important. We should thank God for all his blessings daily.
- Cleanliness – we should be clean from inside as well as outside. Our mind and heart should be free from evil or cruel ideas. We should also try to keep our surroundings clean. Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
- Knowledge – knowledge is power. Education is the most important part of a person’s life as it lays the foundation for a brighter future. A country can only progress if its citizens are educated.
- Service – Mother Teresa has aptly said “the hands which help are holier than the hands which pray” god resides in every being and soul, and then will be pleased with us. We should always help the poor and old people as they are not capable to help themselves. By helping them we can also find happiness.
- 5. Love – we should love each and every human being and should not discriminate them on the basis of caste, religion, gender, etc. As they all are created by God.
Share your love in the best possible way you can.
He made the students understand that one day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching. Follow the “Panchsutra”. Make your life peaceful and worth living.
Swami Sachidanand was an Air Force pilot and an atheist. When he was in his thirties, his aircraft caught fire in mid air and death stood in front of him and seven others who were with him. At this crucial moment in his life, he begged God to save him and promised to spend his entire life for the welfare of humanity. Keeping to his pledge to God Swamiji is visiting different parts of India to spread peace, love and unity.
He is popularly known as Air Force Baba and has his own Ashram